The Ferrorvial Blog wrote a very interesting and helpful Blog post about MOOCs and what can help learners, to succesfully finish a MOOC course.
We have summarized the most important points for you:
- Define your goal! Why are you taking part in this MOOC: Learning about the topic, networking, certificate…What can you do to achieve your goal?
- Take time! It is important that you regularly visit the MOOC site, that you don’t loose track with the contents and the community. Take at least 3 hours a week for learning inside the MOOC.
- Get to know the platform! The MOOC platform should be your home for learning, so check out all sites on the platform, to get used to your new learning home! 🙂
- Establish a routine! Try to establish a routing during the MOOC time. F.e.: Check in every day at 5 p.m. and work on the contents every Wendesday and Sunday.
- Don’t give up! This is maybe the most important point. If you have the feeling, that you’re not to connected with the MOOC because of time reasons or other reasons, don’t give up and get right back into the MOOC, it’s worth it! 😉